Thursday, 19 January 2017

Happy Anniversary!!!


Tomorrow is my 28th wedding anniversary. Wow! How did I pull that off? I have actually been with my wife, Lesley, since she was fifteen-years-old when we first started dating. That is thirty-four years ago this year. When we were about eight-years-old we used to occasionally walk home from school together as we went to the same junior school and lived in the same area. It's the true childhood sweetheart story.

We started out as best friends and that is one thing that never changed. It hasn't always been fun and games. We went through some really bad times. Unbelievably bad. I could tell you stories that you wouldn't believe, proper horror stories, but despite all of it we are still together and still best friends.

I want to tell you a little about this amazing lady that stuck by my side through everything. She is without comparison the most unselfish and compassionate person you could ever meet. And this is genuine and from the heart. She spends her life worrying about everyone else without any concern for herself. There is nothing she would not do to help others in need. And she is a natural mum. She dedicated her life to raising our family and is loved, respected and adored by all children.

When we set out as a very young couple on this journey together into the world, life was an adventure. I was a cool dude in a rock band. I had a good job with money to burn and we had our own place within two years. We partied for six years before getting married, getting our first proper house and starting a family. Then we continued to party only with bouncy castles and balloons. It was amazing and so much fun. Now we have just entered a new phase in our lives. All our three children have left home and we have the whole house to ourselves. We are back to where we first started out all those years ago and I think it's quite exciting!

Just lately I have been reflecting on all the wonderful and crazy things that have happened as we grew up together. And what I see is just how lucky I am to have been given the opportunity to share my whole life with someone as amazing as you. You taught me so much. I wouldn't be the person I am now without you. I hope that's a good thing. lol I love so many things about you. I can totally be myself whether I am at my best or my very, very worst and it makes no difference to how you feel about me. Total acceptance. Absolute and unconditional love. You would do absolutely anything for me. Every week you bring me gifts and show your love in so many different ways. And you never ask for anything, ever! You are the most unselfish person I know. This, everybody, is my wife! Jealous much? LOL

Thank you for being there for me. Thank you for loving and caring for me. Thank you for being the best friend anyone could have. Thank you for your understanding and compassion. Thank you for the fun and laughter we shared and there was a LOT! You are one of the funniest person I know. Thank you for every single thing you ever did and will do in the future. There is not a person in the whole world who I would want to be with except you. I love you with all my heart. You are my true soul mate. 


Happy anniversary! xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment