Monday, 24 December 2012

The Magic of Christmas


Christmas really is a magical time of year, and being a children's author, I love that so much. I know Christmas can be a sad time for many, but today I just want to talk about the Christmas magic and the joy it brings. When you're a child, it's the most exciting time of the year. It's all about the presents! No matter what adults may tell you, they're wrong. LOL No school, loads of goodies and the presents. You don't get more exciting than that!

From my experience, and having three children of my own, it doesn't change much either throughout your teenage years except the added enjoyment of partying. And I'm not talking about jelly and ice cream.

Then you become an adult yourself, and maybe have children. Christmas becomes exciting all over again. You get to see it from another perspective. Admittedly, the stress factor does increase by a lot. Responsibility is a heavy responsibility. I did a post about this a few years ago, The Real Santa. But on the day, it all becomes worth it when you see the joy it brings to your own children.

As you get older, the joy of Christmas comes in the form of spending quality time with the people you love, friends and family, and new additions like grandchildren. The whole process starts all over again in a never ending circle.

Christmas means many things to many people, but what I love most about it is the magic of Christmas. It's like no other time of the year where people become a little nicer. They do things they wouldn't normally do. As a children's author, I love the classic stories where peace and good will prevail in the most unlikely places by the most unlikely people, like during the world wars when the soldiers stopped fighting and played football together in no man's land. Only the magic of Christmas could do this. I find this very moving. I write children's fantasy where this magic only exists in stories, but at Christmas time it really does come to life. It's a shame people couldn't keep this magic with them throughout the whole year.

What is it about Christmas that you love the most?

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Kurt!

    Merry Christmas to you and yours too, my friend!

    Hope your day is filled with joy, laughter, good food and lashings of your favourite tipple!

    Cheers from Down Under xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww Wendy!!!!!!!!!! *big hugs*

      Merry Christmas, my dear friend :) I hope Santa is good to you this year <3

      Delete
  2. Great post as usual, Kurt! I agree, people seem to be a little kinder during the holidays. It's always a good thing, right? What I love the most about Christmas? Spending time with people I love. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annie :) Yeah! That is such a cool part of Christmas :)

      Delete