Sunday, 4 November 2012

My MG Fantasy Truth Teller Is Finally Available in Paperback—Kurt Chambers

I did it! I actually did it!!! My eight-year long dream came true. And wow, what a journey it has been. The most exciting adventure of my life. It all started so many years ago when what I thought was a good idea at the time. Little did I know what lay in store for me. Laughter, tears, joy, rejection, frustration, sadness, elation, every emotion you can think of, I went through it all. I never imagined in a million years how much was involved in writing and publishing a novel. It’s actually mind-blowing.

For me, this was an almost impossible task. I was the least likely person in the world to become an author. I worked in the building trade as a carpenter and had no experience in anything writing related whatsoever. I wasn’t even very good at reading. English was one of my worst subjects. By pure accident, I started working with children as a volunteer, helping to run a Brownie pack. Twenty-six screaming kids aged seven to eleven years old. It was so much fun. I became an official member of Girl Guiding UK and did this for about six years. Working with children is an inspiration. They inspired me to start writing children’s novels.

I spent a couple of years writing my first book, and when it was finished I sought advice on what I should do. I didn’t know anything about writing or the publishing industry. A friend of mine suggested I join an online forum and talk to other writers, so that night, that’s what I did. I eventually found my way to the Young Adult Novel Workshop where I met some of the most amazing people I have ever met. They took me under their wing and started teaching me how to be a writer. I became friends with writers from all over the world. The writing community is the most amazing place in the whole world. So many wonderful people who put themselves out to help me and asked for nothing in return. It was nothing short of awe inspiring.

Eight years since that day I decided to sit down and write children’s stories, I can finally announce to the world that my book is available to read in paperback. It is such an amazing feeling. Truth Teller is book one is a series of three fantasy children’s books: Truth Teller, The Wrath of Siren, and Favian’s Law. I hope to have all three books published by the end of next year. I also have another complete novel, Unknown Reality, a sci-fi/fantasy novel that is almost ready for publication.

Today is a wonderful day for me. It really is an almost impossible dream come true. I can never thank all my wonderful friends who helped me on this journey. Without them, this would have never happened. I will never forget what you have done for me. Thank you with all my heart.

There is a moral to this story I would like to share with all other up-and-coming authors that are struggling to bring their stories into the world. There were so many times when I thought I could never do this, but I was told time and time again that there is one golden rule. Never give up! I wanted to give up more times than you could ever imagine, but their advice was the most sound advice I ever had. I didn’t give up and now this day has come. The moral is, never give up. Dreams really can come true. Good luck to each and every one of you.

Truth Teller by Kurt Chambers

Createspace Store
https://www.createspace.com/4029198

Amazon US

http://www.amazon.com/Truth-Teller-1-K-Chambers/dp/0957327919/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1352578574&sr=1-4

Amazon UK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Truth-Teller-1-K-Chambers/dp/0957327919/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1352578343&sr=1-1




Truth Teller Reviews:

Dawne Dominique - Multi-published author and professional cover artist.

The Truth Teller is one of the best children's fantasy book I've read in a long while. Charlotte is so easy to picture in my mind, and the fantasy aspects are brilliant! There are underlying currents of "real life lessons" that are subtly included...ideal for parents looking for that perfect bedtime story to read to their children. I loved the entire premise of the novel and will definitely be purchasing the next ones in this series.

Kurt Chambers has captured the genre with a wonderful story that will delight many a child's (and adult's) imagination.

Annie McMahon - Editor, published author, and Novel Workshop moderator.

This book has everything a bestseller should have: compelling story, endearing characters, vivid descriptions, genuine emotions, and a lot of surprising twists and turns. This is a story about a friendship that transcends race, gender, age, and even realms, between Charlotte, a ten-year-old girl, and Elderfield, a teenage elf. Beautiful and heartwarming. I strongly recommend it and have reviewed Kurt’s story on my blog, Dutch Hill News.

Ralene Burke – Writer, Editor for Wives in Bloom:

Honestly, I can’t wait until my kids are old enough to read these books. Kurt has written an amazing series that emphasizes such wonderful themes as friendship, family, hope, and faith. I’ve read Truth Teller and Wrath of Siren and, even though they are MG, enjoyed them immensely. If you’re looking for wholesome reads for your children, check out the next big thing for MG.

Truth Teller is also available in all e-book formats from here:

Amazon UK: Click here to sample or buy

Amazon US: Click here to sample or buy

Smashwords: Click here to sample or buy

Goodreads: Click here to sample or buy

Shelfari: Click here to sample or buy

Barnes & Noble: Click here to sample or buy

You can connect with the author at:

Author’s Web page http://kurtchambers.net/

Author’s Blog http://geniusborderinginsanity.blogspot.com/

Twitter https://twitter.com/emailmanROCKS

Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kurt-Chambers/296957780317055

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations, I'm very happy for you. Glad to see what good reviews you are getting. I self-published my book through Create Space 4 year ago, and I know what a great feeling that is. You sound very productive for someone who never expected to be an author. :-) Good luck with your next two books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Elizabeth :) That's very kind of you! It is very exciting, isn't it? Thanks for visiting and cheering me on, it's most appreciated :)

      Delete
  2. Kurt, I am thrilled Truth Teller is finally in paperback. I love this story. I am eagerly awaiting the others in this series. The cover design is fabulous. Congratulations on this great achievement.

    I appreciate the advice you shared as well. I hope to one day follow in your footsteps and publish my own fantasy series. Your message came at the perfect time. I was feeling bad about where I was headed with my story and you have inspired me not to give up. Thanks for keeping me motivated.

    KJ Conrad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, my friend :) I am working hard to get the next books read. I really hope you enjoy them as much as the first.

      That is so cool that I inspired you in some way :) It makes it all worth it. If there is any time you need help or inspiration, feel free to email me any time. I would be more than willing to help you :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! I am so excited for you! You went after your dreams and now your dreams are a reality. Wishing you much success!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) And thank you for your wonderful review on your great site. I really appreciate it.

      Delete