Sunday, 11 December 2011

Debut Novel Release – Truth Teller by Kurt Chambers


I am delighted to announce the release of my first novel, Truth Teller. Wow! Did I just really say that? I never thought I would hear myself say those words, but it’s true. Truth Teller is due for release on Amazon, Smashwords and Barnes & Noble on 25th January 2012 in e-book format. I’m planning to bring it out in paperback a little later in the year if all goes well. I will be announcing more information about this release as soon as I have any news. I will no doubt be planning to do a blog tour and such things.

Let me tell you a little bit about my story. Truth Teller is the first book in a series, and the beginning of Charlotte’s adventure. There are currently three books in the series: Truth Teller, The Wrath of Siren and Favian’s Law. A fourth book in the series, Lost magic, is currently under development.

Truth Teller Reviews:

Editor, Illustrator, and Published Author, Dawné Dominique

Take a delightful, mesmerizing journey into Charlotte’s world, where life is routine until she discovers a hidden curio shop and an even stranger shopkeeper who gives her a magical snow dome. But this is not an ordinary globe…it’s a magical gateway into another realm. The world Charlotte has always known disappears as she’s spirited away into a mystical land on the brink of war between elves, dwarves, and an evil that has lain dormant for far too long.

Terrified by what’s happened to her, Charlotte is befriended by Elderfield an elf, and his parents, Middleton and Swallow. In order to find a way back home for Charlotte, they must embark on a journey to find a man named Goffer, a powerful elf who may be able to help her return to her own world. Not everything is at it seems, however, for there’s a reason why this special globe was given to this unassuming little girl.

As Charlotte, Elderfield and Middleton travel through dangerous lands, encountering heart-stopping dangers along the way, they are unaware of the dark stranger that follows them. Finally arriving at the Stronghold, a safe haven for the people of lands trying to seek safety from an impending war, Charlotte meets Goffer, and is shocked to discover that he’s the same shop keeper who’d given her the magic dome in the first place.

Will Charlotte find her way back home, or is her presence in Elderfield’s world the final unbalancing that will plunge the lands into war?

Truth Teller is an absolutely delightful, exciting read from start to finish. Mr. Chambers has created a fantastical world where magic is very much alive. His characters are vivid and so real that you can’t help but fall in love with them. Immerse yourself in a read that will guarantee not to disappoint.

~~Dawné Dominique

Assistant Editor, Allicia C. Rose

There is a lot of good humor in the Truth Teller, things that actually made me laugh out loud. I especially enjoyed watching the bond of friendship between Elder and Charlotte continually strengthen until they had become like family – that’s one of my favorite concepts in fantasy, and the author did a wonderful job of bringing it to life. He has got the skill to make the reader care about his characters, the most important and most difficult task an author must undertake. I really enjoyed the story, and look forward to working on the next book in the series.

~~Allicia. C. Rose

I have so many people to thank for this release. I have received so much help and support from my friends in the writing community. I couldn’t have done it without them. I will never be able to return the kindness they have shown me, but I want you all to know how eternally grateful I am to all of you.

I am especially grateful to published author, Anastasia V. Pergakis, who took me under her wing and made my book release possible. Please show this wonderfully supportive lady some of your support by visiting her website, and better still, by buying her wonderful book, Cleanse Fire.


12 comments:

  1. Hey Kurt, that's fantastic news!!!!

    I always knew I'd see your name in lights someday :)

    Way to go! Big (hug)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely WONDERFUL news!!! Can I scream? Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I can't tell you how happy I am to see this book being published!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I knew you could do it! DEFINITELY buying! I just got a nook so I'm tapped right into Barnes & Noble! ^.^ Soo Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Congrats! That is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. *gapes* HOW COULD YOU KEEP SOMETHING LIKE THIS FROM ME!!!!! All this time... *shakes head*

    Okay, enough about me...

    CONGRATS!!! I am so excited for you! Of course, you'll have to come talk about it on my blog and we'll just have to sell the heck out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha!! Thank you, Wendy :) It's all very exciting! I have you on my list for a possible blog tour hehe! *hint, hint*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Jase :) and thanks for visiting. It's always good to see you here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. :D Yeah, screaming is allowed here, Annie lol Isn't this great? Thanks, mate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Serryphae! Man! I still have to reply to your email haha!! I'll get on it! Awww, mate, thank you :) It's good to see you here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much, Saumya! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahaha!! Sorry, Ralene! I only decided at the weekend LOL like a day or two ago. I wouldn't keep secrets from you :)

    Awww, it would be such an honour to be on your awesome blog, Ralene *beam* Thank you!

    ReplyDelete