Friday, 4 February 2011

Time to Blog--Kurt Chambers


Yes, this really is me writing a blog...lol...I have to apologise to my readers for not posting anything for like forever! Life went insane for a while again, you know how it goes. So, here I am just to ramble on for a bit about, well, nothing really...lol...I've had some ups and downs. As many of you know, I'm back in the submission game again. With the start of a new year, I was very excited to be back in the game again after spending all of last year writing my new novel, Unknown Reality. It won't be ready for submission for a while, but I'm submitting Truth Teller while I'm bringing it up to scratch. As the month of January has drawn to a close, I have three rejection letters under my belt. The things us poor writers have to endure. Not to worry, though, Rome wasn't built in a day, right?

These last couple of weeks haven't been that great for me. As well as being rejected, family members have been ill, and my car died last week and cost me a small fortune to get back on the road amongst other things. On the plus side, I'm healthy, I have a job, and some of the best friends in the whole wide world :) That's a big plus! Talking of friends, my dear friend, Tamara, sent me a signed copy of her novel this week, Perilous. That was awesome! I remember when Tamara joined our critic forum at the Young Adult Novel Workshop, and now I have her book sitting on my bedside cabinet. That made my week. It's also massively encouraging and an inspiration for all the other members of the forum to show that what seems to be an impossible task sometimes, is in fact within reach for all of us. Well done, Tamara! I'm so proud of you, girl. :)

The roller coaster of life continues as we enter February. For me, being a builder, February is not a month I normally look forward to as it's the coldest month of the year. But I'm expecting great things from this year. Spring is just around he corner, and things are about to bloom. I'm still excited to find out what surprises this year has in store for me. Let's hope it's good things! :D

14 comments:

  1. Nice to see you blogging again, Kurt!

    Think of your rejections as 'Badges of Determination' :)

    Sorry to hear of your troubles. Hope things are on the up and up very soon.

    Take care of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy :)

    That's a great way to look at them, mate. I must be REALLY determined with all the ones I have haha!! I'm proper badged up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear things have been crummy of late. I am sure they will be looking up soon. You have the right attitude to be focusing on the positive things!

    *hug from across the pond*

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see you blogging, sir. As always, best of luck in your writing journey. I'm rooting for you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know that you still live ^^
    I'm sorry to hear that you're having so many rollercoasters with your life. I know how losing a car goes. My family, except for me, have now ruined/lost cars to the world, and cost so much to put back on the road. I hope it doesn't set you back!
    Keep writing ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you , Paul. Good to see you here. I have been slacking. *slaps hand*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya, Serryphae :) I'm back on track now, I hope. I'm so glad to have my car back. How's the reading going? And how's the the book working out? Drop me an email.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ugh, car troubles! I hate those! I never have it in my budget to fix them. :)

    Glad you got my book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. February seems to be the longest month of the year, somehow.

    Car problems, family illness, rejection, cold weather, ... Other than that, everything is fine, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, cars are a nightmare, Tamara. Someone keyed my car last night really badly :( From the bonnet right to the back. I'm not happy.

    I am happy to have your book though :D Thank you SO much! You proper made my week <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha!! I wouldn't say that Annie, but I'm sure it's only to make the rest of the year seem even better...lol...Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooh, your books have lovely covers if I may notice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Dezmond :) That's kind of you to say. They were made for me by an awesome cover artist and great friend, Dawne Dominique.

    ReplyDelete