Monday, 27 December 2010

Last Blog Post of 2010--Kurt Chambers


It's my last blog of 2010, so I wanted to make it a special blog. It's special because it's about two very special people. Christmas has been a special time for me over the last couple of years. Last Christmas, my friends came to my rescue and the legend of the pink laptop was born. For those who don't know this story check it out here. This Christmas was special for me too. Two amazing friends of mine sent me the most awesome Christmas present I could have ever wished for. Here's the surprise email I received in my stocking this year...



Hello Kurt,

Annie and I got together and put together this Christmas present for you! It is full of goodies for you about Truth Teller, because we love the story and you so much.


PRESSIE #1:::

Attached you will find a file called "Agents in the US". This list has about 14 agents here in the states that take MG fantasy stories. We checked them with the Preditors and Editors site to make sure they were good. So, now you have a few agents to get you started.

By the end of next month, you'll get another list with more agents on it for you!

PRESSIE #2:::

You'll see "Query 1-Annie" and "Query Shark - Anastasia" files attached to this email also. These are your queries, reviewed by both Annie and myself.

After you make any changes, we'll be glad to look over them again for you!


PRESSIE #3:::

Two other attached files, "Synopsis-Annie" and "Synopsis-Anastasia" are our reviews of your synopsis.

Of course, after you make any changes, we'll look over it again for you!


PRESSIE #4::: (THE BIG ONE)

I made you a new website. I know you already have one, but I felt that you needed a fresh look, and an easy to remember URL for your fans.

Annie and I will get you a REAL domain name for it. ---> kurtchambers.net (Check it out!)



I thought the whole world should know just how wonderful Annie and Anastasia are, because if everyone was like them, the world would be a better place. Thank you for being such awesome friends, and thank you for believing in me and helping my dreams come true. I owe you so much!

13 comments:

  1. *Applause* for Annie and Anastasia!!!

    Life doesn't get any better when you have friends like that.

    And don't forget, Kurt, our friends are a reflection of ourselves. That makes 'you' my friend, a pretty great person!

    Catch up next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Kurt! You have two AMAZING friends who not only suport you, but are also helping you succeed. It speaks volumes about your character. Have a happy, healthy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, thank you so much, Wendy :) Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Paul :) Yes, they are such great friends. It's good to see you here. I hope you have a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww! We love you Kurt and we were super happy to put it together for you. We want to see you succeed just as much as we want to succeed ourselves. Like I told you before, we know that you're super busy and we just wanted to give you a hand to make this crazy industry a bit easier for you to navigate.

    We love you!

    Wendy -- Thanks for the applause! But, the applause really goes to Kurt I think. He has been a great friend to me and I'm glad I had the means to do something nice for him.

    Paul -- Kurt is definitely a character and a positive force in my life for sure! And thanks for saying I'm an amazing friend! :) Kurt deserves what we gave him and then some - I'm glad I could help make his Christmas special this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. whoo-hoo! that is so awesome. and a new website! way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwww... *beam* I don't even know what to say!

    We did this because we believe in you, Kurt, and we want to see your books published in 2011. And I want my very own autographed copy as soon as they come out in print! ;)

    You give so much, to anyone who comes to you for help, without ever asking for anything in return. Now it's your turn to receive. I'm glad we could do this for you. If anyone deserves it, that's you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. proper awesome! how sweet. kurt i swear if you don't get off your butt and get TT into ABNA, I will hunt you down like the druid assasin.

    annie - i am starting to feel jealous and that there is some serious favouritism in the forum ;-p now to make up for it, you can make me an xmas stocking with the following contents:
    1. a handsome husband
    2. a whip of my own
    3. a proper awesome publishing contract
    4. some better poetic skills (kurt can verify)
    5. save me a timtam for my visit soon ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, Anastasia and Annie, you are just too awesome :D I love you to bits XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks you, Tamara :) I'm so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahaha!! I can't enter TT into ABNA or I won't be able to submit it for months. I might think about entering Unknown Reality if I can get it somewhere near ready, but it needs a fair bit of work still.

    LOL I'm the favourite! :P *does a happy dance* but one day you can be as awesome as me :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. *sniff* You guys are so awesome for treating Kurt with love like that. An inspiration to all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't I have the coolest friends, Cyndi :)

    ReplyDelete