Tuesday, 23 November 2010

Friends and Acquaintances--Kurt Chambers


Sometimes, life doesn’t always go as planned. If you’re lucky, all your hopes and dreams will come true, but sadly this isn’t the case for most of us, as I’m sure a lot of you are aware.

In some cases, your life can go horribly wrong. You’re left with nothing but despair, and it’s hard to imagine how anything can be right in the world ever again. When this happens, and you feel like your life is falling apart around you, that’s when you need friends more than any other time.

As we stumble through life, we make friends along the way, but friends come in many shapes and sizes. No two friendships are the same. When life takes a turn for the worst and you are not at your best, that’s when you find out who your real friends really are.

You may rant and rave, curse and sulk, and even say things you didn’t mean to say, but when you turn around they are still there standing at your shoulder. They offer words of encouragement and tell you how much you mean to them, and how important you are in their lives despite everything. They try to make you feel good about yourself when you think you’re worthless. They are always there when everyone else leaves. They hold your hand and guide you through the bad times and are waiting for you on the other side, ready to embrace you when it’s all over.

These people are your real friends, and you’ll find they are very few and far between. You should cherish them.

If ever your life goes horribly wrong and you are not the best person you can be, look over your shoulder and see who is still standing right there with you; these are your friends. Anyone else is just an acquaintance.



I would like to dedicate this to my friends, my real friends. You know who you are. Thank you for being there.

12 comments:

  1. Kurt,

    Sounds like things have been rough across the pond. I wish I could be there to have a drink with you and let you download your troubles. I will say a prayer that peace comes to you. *hug*

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thank you, Cyndi :) You are so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha is this to make annie and i feel better?
    louisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kurt, it appears you have hit a nasty bump in the road. Why are they always hidden under leaves pretending to be common gravel waiting to trip us up?

    Friends, more often than not, have a lot to answer for. These days I only have a select few. They know who they are too.

    Thinking of you. Big *hug*.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen! I'm with you one hundred percent. I have found my friends during this hard time for me too. Thanks. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Louisa, you made me feel guilty when you moaned at me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, thank you, Wendy :) (((hug back)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Malissa. How are you, mate? I'm still waiting for your news.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Friends like you describe are hard to find, but so precious. I'm lucky enough to have a friend who can make me laugh and cheer me up even when I'm having a horrible day. :)

    I hope things get better for you soon. As you said, life doesn't always go as planned, but hang on! It will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I second Annie's statment. Friends like that are hard to find. But when you do, it's like having a priceless treasure that is worth everything else.

    I'm lucky to have a select few friends who are always there when I need a shoulder or an ear. The funniest part? I've never met any of them in person - YET!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Annie, you lucky girl, you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anastasia, you SO have to meet them :)

    ReplyDelete