Sunday, 17 October 2010

New Novel - Unknown Reality by Kurt Chambers


Wow, has it really been that long since I posted a blog post? People are starting to make comments, *cough, Tamara* It’s not just my blog that’s suffered, I also had three months out from my critique group also. The reason for this is because I have been concentrating on my new novel, Unknown Reality. I’m pleased to reveal that this novel is almost complete, just weeks away if all goes to plan. *claps excitedly*

So, now that my story is almost complete, I thought it was about time I introduced it to the world. Unknown Reality is a MG fantasy novel based on an eleven-year-old girl called Chloe. She is a real darling, and has become like a daughter to me since I started writing this story. She enjoys a simple family life like any ordinary girl of her age, but all that changes during a trip to the theatre with her mum.

She meets a colourful character that, on first impressions, seems to be more than a little weird. He claims that all is not as it seems with the universe around her. She would have never given it another thought if strange things hadn’t started happening. Chloe’s life falls apart before her eyes as she finds her whole world is just a holographic projection as part of an experiment by a group of Scientists.

Plunged into a world on the brink of destruction, she discovers her real family is from a clan of Savages that live in the wilderness. She is kidnapped and forced to make decisions on where her loyalties lie, but all she wants to do is return to a family that never really existed.

To give you a taste of this story, I have made he first chapter accessible to everyone who is interested in reading it. I hope you enjoy :)

http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1514620-Chapter-One

5 comments:

  1. That's great to hear Kurt. I'm looking forward to reading it.

    I can understand the whole too busy thing. I'm experiencing that at the moment, I'll be back to the forum shortly (hopefully with a new story too). I hope you can finish it when you plan to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great book! Can't wait to read it. No, wait, I already did. ;) Is chapter 22 ready yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Cheree :) It's going well, I think I will finish on time, or close to it. It's been a long time since I got the buzz of finishing a new novel! You have a new book? Awesome, I look forward to your return :)

    Yes, it's almost ready...lol...Tomorrow at the latest :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did it!!!!! *throws confetti all over* Woo hoo! Can I reserve my autographed copy now? Can't wait for it to be published! :D

    Oh, um... I guess I should let YOU announce it first. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie!!!! Don't tell everyone! No, hang on, let me rephrase that, tell everyone! :D

    ReplyDelete