Saturday, 19 June 2010

Making Up Theories--Kurt Chambers


I like to make up theories; I have many of them on all different kinds of subjects. I was trying to explaining one of them to a friend of mine the other day, and I thought seeing I put so much work into it, I might as well use it as a blog post and share it with all my readers :)

People claim they have been reincarnated and there are some accounts of amazing feats where people have seen things in different countries that they have never even visited before. I like to look at things from a common sense side of things and I think I have a theory to explain this phenomenon. I call it Inherited Memories.

I have a terrible memory. I mean worse than the average person. I do however have a very clear memory of a time when I was only three years old. I had a fever and went into semi-consciousness for about three days. I was taken to the hospital and they feared I may have a brain tumor. The reason for this was because my mum had one when she was just sixteen years old. They gave me a lumbar puncture, drawing fluid from my spine. I can remember being in the hospital and walking around like an little old man and eating oxtail soup for the first time. I remember it as though it was yesterday, which is funny as I can't even remember what I was doing yesterday very clearly...lol...A massive trauma imprinted the memory in my brain to stay there for my entire life.

As humans, when we are born, we inherit many things from our parents. Not just just physical things. I watched my children grow up and noticed they have many of my traits. Many of these are inherited from deep within, like the way they actually feel about certain things. They have directly inherited some of my strongest feelings and emotions. I found it quite amazing. This isn't just because of their environment, it is in the way they feel, the things they find funny, all sorts of deep seated emotions. Some of them see things the way I do, and the others are just like their mum. If a child can actually inherit feelings from a parent, then I believe it's possible to inherit certain memories too.

Everyone has experienced déjà vu at some point in their lives. The smell of a room, something they recognise, but have never seen. Imagine one of my kids walking into a hospital and experiencing this, not because they have ever been to the hospital, but because they may have inherited a memory like the one I had as a child. A tiny glimpse from somewhere in their mind making them think, I've been here before, I'm sure I have. If it's possible to inherit a feeling or emotion from your parents, then I'm certain it's possible to inherit part of a powerful memory too.

These people who think they have been reincarnated could just be experiencing a memory passed down to them from one of their descendants who witnessed a horrific experience and passed it down through their children in the form of an inherited memory. It's just a theory, I have no proof, but to me that seems the most common sense approach to explain this phenomenon.

As a disclaimer to this post, I would just like to say to anyone reading this who deeply believes in reincarnation, please don't be offended by my views. They are just my opinions, nothing more, nothing less.


Truth Teller is now available from here:


You can connect with the author at:

Author’s Web page http://kurtchambers.net/

Truth Teller Reviews:

Dawne Dominique - Multi-published author and professional cover artist.
The Truth Teller is one of the best children's fantasy book I've read in a long while. Charlotte is so easy to picture in my mind, and the fantasy aspects are brilliant! There are underlying currents of "real life lessons" that are subtly included...ideal for parents looking for that perfect bedtime story to read to their children. I loved the entire premise of the novel and will definitely be purchasing the next ones in this series.
Kurt Chambers has captured the genre with a wonderful story that will delight many a child's (and adult's) imagination.

Annie McMahon - Editor, published author and Novel Workshop moderator.
This book has everything a bestseller should have: compelling story, endearing characters, vivid descriptions, genuine emotions, and a lot of surprising twists and turns. This is a story about a friendship that transcends race, gender, age, and even realms, between Charlotte, a ten-year-old girl, and Elderfield, a teenage elf. Beautiful and heartwarming. I strongly recommend it and have reviewed Kurt’s story on my blog, Dutch Hill News.

Ralene Burke – Writer, Editor for Wives in Bloom:
Honestly, I can’t wait until my kids are old enough to read these books. Kurt has written an amazing series that emphasizes such wonderful themes as friendship, family, hope, and faith. I’ve read Truth Teller and Wrath of Siren and, even though they are MG, enjoyed them immensely. If you’re looking for wholesome reads for your children, check out the next big thing for MG.

9 comments:

  1. That's an interesting theory, Kurt. Can memory be passed down from generation to generation?I'll give it some thought.

    I have a terrible memory as well, but I remember one thing from when I couldn't even talk yet. I was taking a walk with my cousin and I put a mushroom in my mouth. I remember her panicking and making me spit it out. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...My Roxie did that and we had to take her to hospital :D She loves mushrooms, but it was some kind of toadstool she ate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so many things are passed on, why not memories too? An interesting theory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bethany :)

    Thank you for reading my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I wonder if I could win a Nobel prize for this theory?...lol...Perhaps not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know, Kurt. I've got a pretty interesting one about dinosaurs. But I think the most I can hope for that one is some pretty strange conversations over coffee...or in your case, tea! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL...Oooh, I want to hear your theory now, Bethany. I love theories. Maybe if you have the time one day you could send it to me at authortruthteller 'at' googlemail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like it would make a good book! :)

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cyndi :) Who knows, maybe I might use it in the future...lol...Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete