Monday, 11 January 2010

Friendship--Kurt Chambers


Last year was not a good one for me for lots of personal reasons. I won't go into details because that would just be depressing and boring for you lot to read. I'm not complaining though because I still consider myself, despite being cursed by a medieval monk, a very lucky person. Why is that I hear you ask? Well, I'm a very lucky boy because I have the most wonderful friends in the world. I know what you're thinking, you're thinking, no you haven't! My friends are better than yours. Sorry, you're wrong, they're not ...lol... Not unless they are the same friends as mine :D

I haven't been around much these last few weeks. The reason for this is my laptop died. My world came to a standstill and left me abandoned in the realm of real life. People, let me tell you, this is a horrible place to find yourself. The gateway back to my writers life was closed and I had nowhere to turn. I wandered in this strange land for what felt like a lifetime, frightened and at the mercy of my....family! :0 You've never met my family, so it's hard to really get the full concept of how scary this actually was. But I wasn't alone. Unknown to me, my awesome friends from my writing world had already formed a cunning plan to rescue me. Working together, they hatched a secret plot to bring a gateway from their realm all the way to my real-life world. How they did it, I still don't know, but it was the most awesome act of kindness I have ever know in my whole life. I'm not ashamed to admit it made me cry with joy, literally. I wasn't forgotten, I wasn't alone. My friends had saved me.

This gift came in the most beautiful form. It was so small and shiny, and ...PINK! ... lol ... When it took me back to my friends they were waiting for me with open arms. It was so unbelievably moving. They showered me with the best gift of all, their kindness, with messages of how much I meant to them and how important I was. These are my friends, the best friends in the world and I love them. Anyone reading this blog who doesn't have a clue what I'm talking about might be mistaken in thinking that this story is nothing more than a fairytale. Well, let me tell you it's not. It really happened.

Thank you, all of you, for being the most awesome friends I've ever had. What I thought was a tragedy turned out to be a blessing. It made me realise just how important you all are to me. I seriously couldn't live without you. You rock my world.


Shameless plug

Truth Teller by Kurt Chambers is free to all readers


How can ten-year-old Charlotte ever envisage that magic really exists? The place for other realms belongs in a child’s fairy tale. Or so she thinks, until she discovers the strange shopkeeper and begins an adventure that changes her life forever.
Discovered alone in a far away forest, Charlotte embarks on a journey encountering heart-stopping dangers and real life monsters, but a far greater threat shadows her every move. Even the strength and skill of her new companions cannot protect her against a ruthless druid assassin.
But in this realm, Charlotte is not the vulnerable little girl she thought she was.

Download a free copy in any format for any device:


Smashwords:

Amazon:

Barnes & Noble:


9 comments:

  1. Only a true writer can describe a laptop as a gateway to writer's life. Haha! Very poetic. :)

    Aw, Kurt, we love you too! We missed your presence in the forum and we're very happy you're back. It's just not the same without you.

    I'm glad you like your new gateway, even if it's pink. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Annie :) You're an awesome friend for anyone to have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pink laptop. That's awesome! I'm so glad you've got good friends who get you. Makes life sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking through these old blog posts and I only just realised I never replied to this one! I'm only six years too late :D Thanks, Cyndi hahaha!!!!

      Delete
  4. Generosity is the true measure of friends in their time of need. You are one lucky dude, my friend!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha!! Thank you, Vickie :) I am truly blessed :)

      Delete
  5. Awwww... What a wonderful story! And, I'm only a few years late reading it. :) Having wonderful friends is the true measure of success. You're a lucky guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha!! It's my favourite story of all the stories I have on here :) Thank you for visiting, Anita!

      Delete