Wednesday, 16 September 2009

Truth Teller Cover Art



Today I received my first ever official book cover for Truth Teller. I'm very excited about it, it's absolutely AWESOME as you can see :-) Let me just say a MASSIVE thank you to the cover artist who made it for me. Dawné Dominique, published author of Daniella Rolfe, editor and illustrator for two publishing company's, and most importantly one of my dearest friends, created this magnificent book cover. Not only that, but she has encouraged, taught and nurtured me through the whole of my writing career and through some of the worst times of my life. I owe her so much. She is a real life angel.

Thank you so much for being my friend, my tutor, and a wonderful person. I wish everyone in the world could be just like you :-)

12 comments:

  1. *GASP*

    I WANT ONE!!! It's so PRETTY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awecome cover.... very lucky boy.

    Cheers
    Tania Walsh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mireyah!!! Thanks, Tania!!!

    I'm a very lucky boy indeed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol...Thanks mate! I'm so chuffed with it, it's just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I'm absolutely awed, Kurt. I'm so touched by your words. (Well, I am touched a little in the head, as you know)*LoL* but your post rendered me to tears....actual tears! I just finished reading it to hubby. Man...talk about being appreciated. *sighs and swoons*

    To my lost twin. I love ya too.

    Hugs and more hugs,
    Dawné

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn! Here she is people, the lady herself :) I even get a guest apperance ...lol... It must be my lucky day. Why didn't I buy a lottery ticket?

    Aww, you deserve it and more, you know that.

    Hugs back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, impressive! Now I know where to go if I ever publish my book. I mean... WHEN I publish my book. ;-)

    Your book looks great, Kurt!

    DHG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Kurt, Your cover, your post,and your heartfelt words about Dawne--who has so obviously inspired you in great ways--gave me chills, real ones. The hair is standing up on the back of my neck. I am so, inexplicably happy for you! I can't think of a writer who deserves this more than you do. Congratulations my friend! You have your jewel...no longer a diamond in the rough!

    Sincerely,
    Jacey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much, Annie :) Dawne comes with my highest recommendations (obviously...lol...) and now you're with us, you will definitely get published, No worries on that score. So, all's good in the world!

    Awww, JM :) Thank you so much. What a great week I'm having. Not only have I got the coolest book cover in the world, but all my best friends have come in to celebrate with me. If only every week was as good as this :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kurt, that is fantastic!!!!

    Dawn, if I don't like the cover my publisher comes up with, I might recommend you to them...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Tamara! yeah, put some work her way, that'd be cool.

    ReplyDelete