Saturday, 5 September 2009

Rollercoaster

I feel a blog is in order today. Nothing book related, this is simply all about me ...lol... Yesterday I had two grandchildren, but today I have three. I found this out through a very obscure phone call during the day. I discovered I had a granddaughter I didn't know about. Kimberly, a beautiful little girl, 5 months old. I held her for the first time today. I had my three grandchildren in my living room this after noon. It was very strange. All I could think of was granny's famous rollercoaster story...

***

When I was 19, grandpa took me on a rollercoaster...up, down, up, down, oh what a ride. I wanted to go on it again. I could never understand how a ride could make you feel so excited, so scared...so thrilled and exhilarated yet so sick all at the same time.

Some people didn't like it. They preferred to go on the roundabout, but that just went around and around.

I liked the rollercoaster. You get so much more out of it.

***

I'm beginning to see the appeal in the roundabout.

4 comments:

  1. Kurt, that's just really really cool. I'm happy for you, mate. And, like being an Uncle or Aunt is, they eventually go home, and you can get some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No! No! Stay clear of the roundabout :o The roundabout brings safe menotony...the ups and downs are what make your blood race and mind roar; thus writing inexplicably cool books that you wouldn't otherwise have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (laughing)...That's true J.M. but sometimes it feels like it's going to end up like a scene out of Final Destination...lol...

    ReplyDelete